Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September calls for Pink Patent Leather Shoes

I am glued to my computer reading blog after blog. I am utterly amazed at the amount of creativity there is out there. It's so inspiring! and addicting too.
Everyone seems to be discussing the fact that it is "already" September. It does not feel like fall here in the desert, and in fact, it still feels awfully oven-y. All my nostalgic, back-to-school feelings normally triggered by a change in the sun's light, the shadows getting longer and the drone of cicadas are absent here for me in Las Vegas. I don't have the bittersweet feelings about saying goodbye to lazy summer days. It's more of a Thank-God-Summer-Might-Someday-Draw-To-A-Close sort of feeling. Anabelle's music class will be starting up again in a few weeks as well as mommy and me yoga, and of course there's always Oprah starting her new season. Yes, I like Oprah. All of my friends are flooding back into town again after escaping the heat, and so everyone is settling back into place. Ah.

Anabelle continues to put anything and everything up to her ear like a cell phone. She LOVES when I pretend someone is calling for her. "Oh, ok, You want to talk to Anabelle?" And she cracks a huge smile and holds out her hand.
Today she handed me her pink patent leather shoe and then looked at her foot. When I put that on, she smiled and handed me the other. Then she smiled again. And then she tapped her heels on the floor. Clearly she's in love.

1 comment:

  1. I love that she loves shoes. I also love the Tutu. It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete