Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthday Tutu

Hi Everybody! (I sort of have to wonder... is anybody really there?)

Today I made a tutu for Anabelle to wear on her 1st birthday which is rapidly approaching. It was a fun project, and while I worked on it Anabelle played quietly on the floor nearby. This never happens, so that is certainly something to write home about. Her naps seem to be a lost cause which leaves me with little time to do my art. BUT. She is sleeping like a champ at night -- down at 7pm (no later because she's so tired) and up sometime between 5:45am and 6:30am. What is this refusal to nap????? Anyway here is her tutu:



Aaaaand I wasn't going to post a picture of her in it till her birthday, but how can I resist?



I have so many ideas for projects and drawings to do, but I just don't have enough time. If I was lucky enough to be an insomniac like my friend Doreen, maybe I could really crank it out. Joking. I cherish my sleep. Such projects include:

another mobile
finger puppets
sachets
more greeting cards/drawings like this one:



Ok. I have to go cook up the flank steak I have marinating in the fridge. Pat just got home from work, and I should quit eating chocolate chips now. ;)

3 comments:

  1. hola!
    pasaba a invitarte a mi caja..
    un abrazo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the tutu!!! that is so adorable! i wish i were there to celebrate with you all! i can't wait to see you guys next week!

    and you are too funny, i wish i wasn't an insomniac!

    ReplyDelete