Saturday, September 19, 2009

Crafternoon Numero Duo - A Room of Her Own


I found a spot at the library yesterday in the Quiet Room. Where I can sharpen my pencils with my electric sharpener loudly! And spread out over the whole table. Then someone joined me in the Quiet Room, and my pencil sharpening was foiled. Here's what I worked on:


This is what I consider a problem area, but I'm showing it to you anyway. It's messy, and it's got no focus. But it's got its own little story... All those "B's" were inspired by my friend. She told me that when her dad was dying of cancer he lost the ability to speak, and he would write the same letter over and over in gradation from big to small. Things like this stick in my head you see.

The other morning when Pat brought Anabelle into our bed for our morning snuggle, her skin was so creamy and her cheeks were flushed so pink that they reminded me of strawberries:


In other news, Anabelle is back to her bad napping ways and only slept for 30 minutes total yesterday. (That makes having Maria even more valuable because it means I get a break no matter what.) We are trying to teach her "feet first" when getting off the bed or sofa - it seems to be a slow process. I'd also like to teach her how to Put Things Back so that there are no more meltdowns in music class when we have to give back the instruments.

Gotta run. Have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Oh! I love the combination of 3-D and 2-D imagery. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lara!! So happy to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will have to agree with lara!

    and reading about anabelle being back to her bad napping ways! haha not funny for you of course, but i'm SOOO happy you have maria! thank goodness!! i miss you!

    ReplyDelete