Friday, September 11, 2009

Our baby girl is officially 1.

Here is Anabelle helping Patrick put together her birthday gift from Grammie and Grandpa Don. She must have known it was her birthday because she woke up ready to party at 4:30am.


(I see I could really use a lesson in photography folks.)
Here is Buzz - our birthday boy - who turned 8 yesterday. If he looks grumpy, well, it's probably because he was. He hurt his leg on Wednesday and is now at the vet getting X-rays...


Last night our friends Britt, Navjit and their baby Leo came over for dinner and gingerbread.


I got a few minutes in the other day to do a little drawing. It is amazing to me just how rejuvenating it can be to sit down at my table and do art for even a teensy amount of time. I'm still listening to these podcasts when I can. I'll take what I can get, but I am craving a big chunk of time to do all of the above. Below is what I am working on. The kachina is a gift I bought myself in Flagstaff, AZ on the road trip out to Vegas. I chose it from a wall hung floor to ceiling with all kinds, but this one spoke to me because it's a flower kachina. I'd left my floral job, my friends and my family to start a new life Out West with my Main Man. I was embarking on such an adventure...


Also!! on a side note: you have to check out this colorful and fabulous project out. I love it, and I want to do it someday.

3 comments:

  1. how i miss seeing all your art work! i love it! anabelle looks so cute in her bday gift! poor buzz, i hope he's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family! Can't wait to experience this myself. And I commend you for making the effort to paint whilst having your hands full with a little one. It can't be easy, but I'm sure its worth it.

    -Khairun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Khairun! I have to admit that it isn't easy to find time to do art, but the time that I do have I cherish soooo much. :)

    ReplyDelete