Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I have Very Very exciting news

Good morning! So here it is...
I asked Maria to come every Wednesday and Friday to watch Anabelle from noon to 4pm so I can do. my. art. It feels absolutely overindulgent and wickedly wonderful all at the same time. Las Vegas and I have been at odds for a couple of months, and that has left me with a general feeling of malaise about being here. You chant "Vegas," I chant "Stuck!" Vegas! Stuck! Vegas! Stuck!
I love being a stay-at-home mama, and I wouldn't change it for the world. But I need a little time. Not being able to go outside because of the summer heat has left me feeling trapped, and I overflowed on Saturday. Read: I broke down and sobbed like a girl. which indeed I am - fancy that. This all led to a conversation with my dad and then a promise to him (thanks pops!) about taking that much-needed time, escaping to my own private carrel at the library, putting in my earphones to listen to craftsanity podcasts and drawing to my heart's content. For hours! I will tell you this: I made that phone call to Maria the very next day, and I know that if I didn't really really need this time I would NEVER have followed through. Everything about my mood has brightened knowing that I am going to get some time to do what I love. Yummy. I could eat up the whole idea! I could squeeze it like a pimple!
So there you have it folks. I now think I have everything a gal could ever want: a fabulous hubby, a beautiful baby girl, a chubby bulldog. And time to draw.
Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. woohoo!!! this is such awesome news!! i am so happy for you! you are such a gifted artist and though you are an amazing mom and wife...you need time for yourself and that will totally help recharge you!!! i can't wait to see more artwork in ANY form you chose to do it! i had the best talk with you the other day...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled for a long time to feel more confident with my creative side and I kept denying myself more time to really get stuck into it because I thought it was silly, not really my 'calling' a distraction from more important things like a clean house and a 9 to 5 job.
    And I don't even have a baby yet! Only until recently, with the knowledge that I will be a mama very soon, that I spurred myself on to focus on my artwork. You have a gift that you need to acknowledge and accept.
    Sooner or later, you'll have no choice but to give more time to your artwork because something like this, just follows you around forever!

    xx
    Khairun

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news. I know you will feel so much better now. I think it helps us be a better mom and wife to have some alone time or just time for ourself. I am really looking forward to my Mondays now. Hopefully I will get some writing done. At least that is my goal.

    ReplyDelete