Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Zion Park, Utah

It was a gorgeous weekend in Zion. We arrived Saturday afternoon and walked around the very very small town - wandering into art galleries and a cafe for a hot cocoa and coffee. Here's why exactly we keep returning (this was in fact our fourth time):


Sunday morning we got up and drove into the park where we took a beautiful hike:




And here is Anabelle practicing her walking technique. which involves gripping my fingers so tightly that mine turn purple and hers turn white.


It was so nice to get away from Vegas despite the awful night we had with Anabelle. There was very little sleeping on her part, and lots of driving her around at 2am on my part. All in all it was very tiring and not very restful, but the beauty of Zion and the quality time with each other was worth it. It is hard to take kids out of their environment and away from the comfort of their routine, but it's important to do it for your sake and sanity. Life on the ranch can get awfully monotonous.

The above picture is also very fitting because this morning she said two words: "up" and "walk." Or rather "bup" and "ock," but in either case, it was very clear what she was driving at.

On the art front. I worked for a few hours on my roosters on Friday when Anahi, the new and wonderful babysitter, came. I will show you when I finish!!

Also, a question for my lovely bloggy visitors. How does one price a piece? Most of my stuff is on 24"x36" paper. I'm hoping with larger chunks of time each piece won't take quite as long as it does right now because they are quite time consuming. I'm not looking to break anyone's bank, and I don't expect to make a million, but I'm not even sure where to begin! Any ideas?

Oh, a little note: several people have told me that they are not able to leave comments for me. If you try, and it says "not able to post comment," hit the "post comment" button again and see what happens. It might work the second time. Happens to me all the time. I'd love to hear from anyone who has a thought for me! Thanks!




2 comments:

  1. Wow Zion Park is really beautiful. It looks like a great place ot go and clear your mind. Anabelle looks so close to actually walking. So exciting, but get ready to be constantly on the go. I can't wait to see your finished rooster project. I love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should take a look at the Etsy website and see how artists have priced their work. Thats what I would do anyway.
    Zion Park looks stunning, and seeing your little one walk makes me think about how much my little one will have in store for me as he gets older. Hes already growing so fast.
    BTW Thankyou for all the lovely supportive comments lately. I always read them with a ridiculously huge smile on my face!
    -Khairun

    ReplyDelete