Monday, November 9, 2009

Tonight it hit me.


I am THE ONLY person between the ages of 16 and 93 who is not on facebook. I have been putting it off, putting it off... thinking how odd it is that people from your past can search for you, find you, see pictures and posts and, well, peep into your life like that.
Now I've seen all the action that goes on; it's an entire world that is bustling and busy -- and I'm missing out. I'm the kid who didn't get to go the party, and I feel sort of left out.
I give in. I raise my white flag. I'm signing up.

3 comments:

  1. Good. It is about time. Facebook really isn't that cool or anything so you really weren't missing out on much, but it is fun to see and talk to people from your past. Glad you took the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad decision. I joined, but I haven't been in, like, months, which is annoying. I got a virus from it one time, which is frightening. It sends me emails everytime someone sneezes, which is infuriating. The only people who friend me are people who I can't really remember from high school, which is irritating. And, that probably means that everyone I try to friend from high school probably doesn't remember me, which is depressing. And finally, when I see what so many people are doing all at once, it makes me feel like my life is boring, which is discouraging.

    Also, Ann is not on Facebook, so you had a non-Facebook friend. But now she really might be the only one. So, if you get fed up and unenroll from Facebook, she'll be holding down the fort for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you crack me up james. though i do see your point already (now that i've signed up my hotmail inbox is jam packed for instance). in anabelle's words, "uh oh."

    ReplyDelete