Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Roosters are Finished!

And here they are:

My art afternoon on Friday was the best its ever been. I signed up at the library for my own private study room, and I got so involved in my work that time just fell away. That hasn't happened for... years?

On Saturday morning Anabelle and I picked my mom and Don up from the airport for their four day stay. And wouldn't you know it - that very day she took 8 steps on her own! Yup, stop the presses... She walks. (but still prefers crawling or walking with our help. So in other words I'm still praying to the Walking Gods.)


And then - of course - who can resist this guy?

4 comments:

  1. First of all your painting looks awesome. I love it. Such beautiful colors. Secondly, yea for Anabelle and taking her 8 steps. That is huge. You better get ready for constant movement. She will be experiencing things at a whole new level and will love her new discoveries. I hope you have a wonderful time with your parents in town. What a nice break.

    I love that picture of Buzz. He is so photogenic. I think that picture would be a great painting too!

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, the roosters are beautiful! AND Anabelle is walking?! That's great news - I can't wait to see the little bean in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks gals! and lorraine, i'm so excited to hear from you here!

    ReplyDelete