Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Latest

After yesterday morning's Hallmark moment, my day fell on its face and went splat. I had a wrestling match with Anabelle to get her into her carseat, she screamed all the way from Child's Play to home and my car's air conditioner on its very highest setting wasn't high enough. I cursed the 111 degree heat, and I cursed Las Vegas and called it "God forsaken."
Though my haircut appointment (and thus my moment to bask in trashy magazines and stare into space while someone else washes my hair) was cancelled at the last minute, I didn't cancel my babysitter. I went to the art store to buy myself some bristol board and new pens. Then I went to the library and drew for an hour. Heaven!
I continue to struggle with quieting my inner critic, but talking to my mom this morning I realized again that we all struggle with that -- no matter what medium you work in. For those of you who might not know, my mom's a journalist for the Evanston Roundtable.
Speaking of my mom, she gave me this "recipe" to make for dinner during my cooking strike:

avocado
black beans
fresh corn
cilantro
onion
tomatillo
fresh lime juice
queso fresco

YUM!!
Here are some pics of what I've been working on:





Here is the start of a portrait of my wonderful and fabulous husband Patrick:


And here are my new favorite pens:


No comments:

Post a Comment