Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Jolly 4th

HELLOOO fellow followers! oh my goodness, now that i actually have a following i have been lagging on my entries. vacation apparently makes me a bit too lackadaisical. in any case. i would like to formally tell you all thank you! for supporting my endeavors. it warms my heart.

we are now in evanston at my mom and don's for a couple of weeks. anabelle has learned to give kisses - a direct result from all the love she has been getting, i'm sure. she dives forward with an open mouth and plants one on a cheek or a mouth, whichever comes first. she has mastered waving, and now we are working on the art of sharing -- passing her new ball back and forth. she's only just discovered that she can let the ball go, and then what happens is that she will get it back.

we went to Lighthouse Beach the other day. What a strange transitional time i am going through... last time i was there i was a kid myself, lolling in the shallow water and ordering Chaco Tacos from the ice cream truck. now i find myself sitting in a circle of young moms, prying fistfuls of sand out of our babies' mouths. anabelle sat rather quietly there in her pink addidas pants (ha) inspecting the sand, and it wasn't until we were getting ready to drive home that i realized she was gumming a little black stone.

today is overcast, but hopefully the rain will hold off until, well... tomorrow. we just can not be bothered with it today; there is a parade to go to, and bbqs to attend!!!! pat and i went to the wilmette fireworks last night. the 4th of july has truly become one of my favorite holidays, and evanston today is america at its best.

I have not forgotten my art. it will continue, i promise.

1 comment:

  1. lovin' your amazing descriptions....and wishing I could join you for a day at the beach in Etown! xoxo
    Rach

    ReplyDelete