Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm starting to see a pattern in my work

While Anabelle screamed herself to sleep last night, I cringed and worked on my portrait of Patrick.  It helped to put all of my nervous energy into something productive.  She fell asleep after 20 minutes, and I let out a huge sigh of relief and went up to bed.  He looks very serious in this drawing - unlike his silly personality.   


I started photographing some more old work.  This is a painting I did after my grandma Baba died.  I had a strange dream that the whole family was sitting at a long table, and there were waiters wearing tuxedos.  I had also just learned that a group of crows was called a "murder." Seemed so creepy and romantic all at the same time.  I love this piece because it was so UNforced.

These two are so strangely similar to what I am doing now.  These are marker and pen, and they are around 5 and 9 years old respectively!!



3 comments:

  1. That guy is super hot! I like your colored markers, will you draw on me when I am sleeping?

    Yours Truly,
    Creepy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that last piece. I know it has been a long time, but I remember loving it back then too. Keep up the work. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Creepy,
    Love you, you big weirdo.

    ReplyDelete