Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Best Ever

This morning before breakfast Anabelle and I sat in the green chair and listened to Neko Case and a skipping Crystal Gayle.  She seemed so happy there on my lap, bouncing on my knees, which surprised me because she is so wiggly now.  Pulling herself over to the floor lamp to yank on its legs (watching me while I warn her with my eyes, grrrr) is her new favorite thing.  And then, oh this is so my favorite part, she snuggled up close and lay her head on my chest, and we just sat there together.  It was 30 seconds of everything that's good in this world.  

Here are some more Best Evers:

Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood's podcasts on www.craftsanity.com
I mentioned her website before; I have been listening to her interviews with artists everyday while I draw.  Jennifer is a very insightful interviewer, and now I feel like she is a link to the art world for me!!

I learned about Jennifer's podcasts because she interviewed Abby Glassenberg, an artist/blogger/mom who I stumbled upon one day while I was searching the web.  The name of Abby's website,  www.whileshenaps.typepad.com
caught my eye and inspired me to do my art "while she [Anabelle] naps."  Pretty cool huh?

I've also recently learned about www.spoonflower.com
You can create your own textile designs, and at spoonflower there is NO MINIMUM order to print your very own design!!!!  Whaaaa?!!  Will my dream of creating textiles really come true some day?


No comments:

Post a Comment