Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A work in progress

I've had the image of this girl in my head for a while now. or something like her anyway... (She was spurred on by my desire to see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Which, by the way, I'm drooling even thinking about it. Give me two free hours please, and I am so there with my 3D goggles on.)
Funny how much looser my hand is in this painting; it's like at the end of a 2 hour seminar when your handwritten notes have gone from neat and tight to large and scribbley.

Anabelle is napping which tacks on an extra two hours to my Tues/Thurs crafternoons. I need the break big time too. She is honest to goodness wearing me out. The temper tantrum she threw on Friday at Babies R Us was... I'm having trouble finding the words. Oh, the temper! The flailing, screaming, red-faced fiery cracker bouncing off aisles and floor, slapping any hard surface that came within her short arm's reach... The girl is Spicy!! The patience one must have during times like these is unimaginable. I think maybe earplugs is more realistically obtainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment