Thursday, March 18, 2010

Anabelle Violet

Here is the piece I was half-heartedly working on Tuesday. No direction, no purpose... Borders was freezing cold and the weather outside was too beautiful to be ignored. So I gave up. The day felt like a waste, so I had to remind myself over and over that just showing up is worth it.


Today I moved back to my old digs - the library. I got there early enough to get my own table by the window, and I felt renewed and inspired. (Last night I made corned beef and cabbage for the first time in honor of St. Patrick's Day, and I think I was still riding off the high that "I did it!" Why, when it's one of your most basic recipes, I'm not sure. But it was my mother in law's recipe, and Pat - who has been begging me for years to make it in celebration of the day - thought it was good good good and thanked me about 20 times, bless his heart. And that, friendly peeps, felt like a victory.) So I felt courageous enough to tackle the scariest of art subjects: my very own daughter. I conquered! I'm so proud.

4 comments:

  1. Kate! It is beautiful! She is such a doll and you captured her perfectly! You are amazing and should feel proud! love love love (kristin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Katello! This is absolutely breathtaking!! And though I STILL haven't met Annabelle in person, the portrait looks EXACTLY like the beautiful pictures I've seen of her. You rock girlfriend...totally ROCK!! I miss you soooo much....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Kate, I just absolutely love that picture of Anabelle. It is perfect. Can I commission you to do a picture of Samuel? By the way, I love the first drawing you are doing because it reminds me of my dancing days. Keep it up. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO SO SO much for the compliments you guys. Sarah, I'm all over it if you want me to paint Samuel. :)

    ReplyDelete