Friday, March 12, 2010

An overview of yesterday

Here was some vigorous eating:


Unfortunately, that alllll came up last night - plus some - while I was at book club. My first attempt at joining the group was a failed one when I got the frantic call from Pat. Every time he started cleaning up one pile... well, another one... appeared. Over and over and over. Poor thing. I'll rephrase that: poor things (to include Paddy. Don't tell him I just called him that on international ground.) Today, however, she is magically better. Mean little bug or something she ate, we'll never know.

In other news...


this empty kitchen corner is something I'd like to write home about. I just cleaned up and put away all of Anabelle's bottles. She just turned exactly 18 months, and I've slowly made the decision that she shouldn't be drinking milk from a bottle anymore. Unfortunately that means she isn't drinking milk at all because she arches her back and turns her nose up at a sippy cup full. Two words: extra cheese. And extra books and snuggles at nighttime to calm her down.

And on the art front:


Here is what seems to be a little black cloud. After my 12 week ultrasound (which went very well - saw baby flip and move around and saw that lovely string of pearls that is the spine among other things) I sat at Borders for a long while twiddling my thumbs until this came out. I actually like it. It looks both soft and scratchy. I have a potential new commission that I am crossing my fingers for. I have come to love that direction! Let me know if any of you dear readers are interested in a piece. I love getting comments even if you aren't interested. In fact, I'll take this time to thank each and every one of you who takes the time to visit Flowergirl.

My own dark cloud might be lifting a little. I have a burst of energy today that I haven't felt in awhile. I'm doing laundry, straightening up, making the bed, sorting mail, making grocery lists... let's hope for a long nap today! Back to it before I succumb to a cozy nap.

1 comment:

  1. Our baby won't take sips anymore and she is saying farewell to bottles as of this week (happy spring break to us!).

    How does she drink? From a cup. Like a big kid.
    Pro- so cool.
    Con- We have to hold to cup or disaster strikes!

    ReplyDelete