Friday, March 26, 2010

15 weeks already!

This morning I went to the doctor for a 15 week checkup. Dr. M checked my belly for the baby's heartbeat. Till I heard it I held my breath, and then I simply carried on with my questions about the varicose veins which are taking over my right leg. (Without being too vain (HA!) about that whole ordeal, it is a very sad tale. So young yet so lumpy...) It wasn't till I was in the car later that I really thought about that little heartbeat (which was 150).

I could hear both the baby's heart and mine; they were completely intertwined like beats in a song. The slow whooshing of my heart was the backdrop for the baby's clear pitter pattering. I can't quite think of how to explain what that's like...

Anahi, the babysitter, is gone for the next few weeks, so my art might have to go on hold for awhile. Off to fold more laundry and watch last night's Project Runway.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! Happy, healthy peanut growing inside of you....there are no words..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that the doctor's appointment went well. I am guessing now that it is a boy, but I may change my mind as the months progress!

    ReplyDelete