Thursday, January 7, 2010

Will she like it?

This, dear readers, is my very first finished commissioned piece:


I'm still very much getting used to the idea of creating a piece of art work for someone. The stress level is much higher than just doodling merrily on my way. I am constantly thinking "I hope this person thinks this is worth the money she is forking over for it." And that has resulted in a few hours spent in frustration - running after the painting so to speak - not making marks toward any final outcome, rather making marks only to salvage the mess already made. In fashion terms, it's sort of like being worn by the dress, as opposed to wearing the dress. But somehow it seemed to pull together at the end, and voila. Here is Maria's bowl of fruit. It took me about 5 hours total which is waaay good for me in terms of time. It was a wonderful exercise in "speed" - helped me break out of Tiny Detail's headlock.


And these here are a little glimpse of Heaven my mom found in a store called Caracol in Playa del Carmen on Fifth Avenue:


I am going to frame these, hang them on my wall and love every second of them.

2 comments:

  1. My God I'm in heaven too!
    Love the fruitbowl. Very Matisse. I'm sure she'll love it. (I would..hint hint)
    :))

    k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((khairun)))))

    that means i'm giving you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete