Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rainy day

Today rained and rained. All day. Anahi, the babysitter came today so I went to Borders to draw. I was feeling uninspired and tired, but I thought perhaps I'd kick it into gear once I got started. Wrong. I drew something stupid. I was feeling organic, delicate and small, but what appeared on the page was heavy and linear and instead of staying muted and quiet OF COURSE a bunch of loud and annoying colors showed up on the page.

Forget it, I said. and went to the back of the store to lounge and read my dumb vampire book Living Dead in Dallas. which I couldn't concentrate on so I went home and snuck into bed to take a nap.

Now that was awesome.

Anabelle took a long nap herself. A few thoughts on her:
*she is so cute I want to hug and kiss her all the time
*she hates baths and stands up the entire time
*she says "Buzz" which sounds like Bzzz
*whenever she hears music, she sways and bops and claps
*she loves popcorn!
*she has figured out that if she runs away laughing, I will run after her yelling "i'm gonna get you." and she loooooves that.

Once we both woke up from our naps and I took some Tylenol for a headache, the day turned very cozy. We listened to music and played and then Navjit and Leo came over for a cup of tea.

And that, friends, is my day in a nutshell.

1 comment:

  1. It happens to the best of people, the dreaded creative blahs (my word for feeling uninspired and blocked) At least you gave yourself permission to see it as a day off if you like, from being productive.
    Just see it as that, a day off. Everyone needs them, particularly mammas!

    I'm in the very scary process of finding a nanny for Mr Bubbacheeks. I'm going back to work in a months time! Busy times ahead for this mama.

    xxk

    ReplyDelete