Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Great Unveiling!



I am finished! (I'd say this was a total of....mmmm, 23 hours.) Then again, my critic Patrick, hasn't seen the finished product, so there might be a few last finishing touches added if he says some are needed.

A word about it: I came to think of the yellow as a halo around Cassidy's head. I have an unvocalized love for owls, and they show up from time to time in my drawings. Like in the painting I did for Anabelle before she was born. I thought of them as her protectors, watching over her at night while she slept. Wise and still. But I think my favorite part is Gus, the pup.

I feel overall pretty happy to have it done. I'm ready to do something new - start afresh. I'm craving a clean piece of paper and delicate lines. a few blank spaces. I have a thing called horror vacui that I need to work through apparently. It's fear of blank spaces. Which I find really amusing since I hate clutter and I can't stand Stuff.
Ok. I'm clicking "publish post" now. Yikes, scary.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Beautiful. I love all the intricate details, the patterns and colours. I'm a big fan of artists who like to fill out the page with repetitive forms and shapes. It looks like you really meditated on it during your crafternoons!
    Well done. I really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this piece too. The colors are great and I love the pup. So, I totally have a thing for owls too. They have shown up in my life at different times, but always before I receive really good news. Any owl was on my parents front porch the day before I got results for an exam in law school that I did really well on and then I heard an owl the night before I found out that I passed the bar exam. I feel like they are total protectors and a sign of good fortune.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love...Katello!! I am loving the deliciousness of the babe's arms and cheeks...but perhaps that has something to do with my love for my own chubby little guy ;). So much love, Rachello

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lovely ladies Khairun, Sarah and Rach,

    I can't explain to you how much your comments mean to me. Not to get overly sentimental, but to see your support keeps me chuggin'. Thanks for reading and writing. ;)

    Besos! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you find me? I like so much that you did:)

    I love this painting. Really. Doesn't it feel so great to realize that 24(ish) hours can mean very little or very very much? I love that.

    ReplyDelete