Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rain, rain

To give you an idea of what I did yesterday, here is a "before pantry" and an "after pantry" shot from yesterday:


Ah, the life of a Domestic Goddess.


*********************************************************

Today rained and sort of snowed again. Can you see it out the window?



**********************************************************

And, while the below is by no means a masterpiece, it is at least something. It took me just about forever to get anything on paper. Lack of inspiration is a real bummer. I wandered around Borders looking for anything to get my mind running -- patterns in magazines, content in books... Lorraine helped by writing down words to get my brain going. Things like: robot, firefly, strawberry crab... (love love love and must google these crabs to find out what they actually look like). The word game must have helped because I jumped up and ran to the gardening section where I chose a book on Japanese gardens. Not sure of the connection between strawberry crabs and rock gardens, but at least my fingers were moving:


2 comments:

  1. Kate! I love it! You're awesome once again. Here's a link to your new best friend: http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=strawberry%20crab&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

    Also, the Japanese (or pre-Japanese) people I was thinking of today are the Ainu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kake, good work with the pantry. But honestly, your Before Pantry looks like my dream After Pantry, and your After Pantry is my Unimaginably Awesome Pantry. But seriously....where's all your food? You know, the canned lemongrass that you bought in 1997 because you were SURE you'd use it somehow.... Where's THAT stuff. Also, where are your mousetraps? You don't have a pantry without mousetraps, do you?

    ReplyDelete