Thursday, February 18, 2010

The monotony of life right now

I am sitting at Borders cafe and forcing myself to write a little something before I get to work today. I've noticed that I have been avoiding posting day after day. I think it's probably because I feel a little like I'm trudging through the days, and that is not something I am super excited about sharing. Although the days are turning slowly into warm and precious little spring gems here, I have been feeling sort of glum.


Anabelle has been sick with a terrible cold, cough and ear infection so her mood is very much NOT magnetic as everything leads to a tantrum. Because I haven't wanted to get anyone else sick we have been on a "lock down" of sorts, so each day has felt sort of lonely. But yesterday afternoon we spent outside at the park which lifted both of our spirits. What's better than a good dose of sunshine? And this morning Anabelle woke up with brighter eyes and smiles.


There are just mornings when I feel like "didn't I just do all this yesterday?" This morning was one of those.

1 comment:

  1. I've certainly had days similar to what you describe here, the feeling that as soon as you think you're done for the day, you know that you have to go through it allllll over again, the very next day. And the day after that, and the day after that......

    I'll keep you posted on how fast I run out of my workplace nextweek, to catch the first train home!

    Hope your little one gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete