Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Back at it.

Finito! This here is my piece entitled "Under the Weather" for KNPR's online auction. My friend Navjit put in a good word to her friend who works at the radio station about me, and so she contacted me about donating a piece of artwork. I am so excited. It feels very official. Millions of people will be able to see my artwork (Feb 18-26), and the money will be going to NPR. It's high time I give them something. I listen all the time.


It feels good to be productive! This is proof that I need to push myself to draw draw draw whether I am in the mood or not. That day that Lorraine helped me brainstorm with her keywords (i.e. strawberry crab) turned out to be very inspirational. (see image subject above if you will.)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Kate! I love it! Especially the blue crab and raindrops -- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS!!! And an AWESOME cause to support!
    xoxo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful piece. So much attention to detail. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine, Rachel and Khairun,

    Thank you SO much!!! you guys are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great painting! I love the little dots on the crabshells. That really sends the whole thing if you ask me. (Love the raindrops. Love the colors.)

    ReplyDelete