Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's a wrap

Here's a little thumbnail sketch that I did for our babysitter, Anahi. She asked me to draw her for the card she is sending to her mama for Mother's Day. It was a quickie, and those have a real way of bugging me. Ahhhh, it could be so much better...


And here are two little sneak peaks of Alyse's piece:


And here is the final thing - negative space and all! Thank you kindly for your comments, you know who you are :) I can't tell you how much I appreciate the feedback.


Photographing watercolor and colored pencil just doesn't seem to do the real thing justice. All of the depth and detail gets lost. humph. This piece is about 15" x 18". Or so.

As for the rest of life, I seem to be getting rounder every day that passes. I have felt the baby move now - those little flutters that at first you wonder if you dreamt up. Zofran is still my best morning friend, but my energy and spirits are high. None of that first trimester rollercoaster bullcrud.
Anabelle is so much fun these days. She wonders at any jewelery I wear, and she is a huge fan of all shoes left unattended around the house. She says "mama hay, anabelle hay, papa hay" a lot. That translated is "mama's hair, etc", and she does a similar pairing of words with "wa" which is her word for water. She'll continue to say it until someone repeats it in confirmation. She makes me just want to do my best to hug and love her because all the time on earth wouldn't be enough to spend with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment