Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ta Da!!

Secret felt project UNVEILED:








I leave for Spain on Friday morning to meet my brand new nephew Gael, and this felt garland is what I am bringing for him. Something bright and whimsical to look at! They remind me of dozens of soft fortune cookies. I'd love to make more more more - monochromatic with colored thread or just two colors or some more with all the colors. Can you imagine a fabulously massive garland around a window or on a mantle - all white with white thread. It'd look like a feather boa.

I am frantically trying to get everyone organized before I go.
New car tire, check.
Anabelle flu shot and passport for Mexico in December, check.
Buzz eye appointment, check.
Grocery shopping, blow up mattress, Buzz eye drops, fold laundry, pack. Still gotta do those.

Then on Friday the three of us - ME MYSELF AND I - are going to get on the plane together and do things like:
sit down for more than 5 minutes.
sleep.
read.
stare out the window.
go to the bathroom. alone.
draw.

I am going to miss my little family, but they will be in very good hands. Pat's sister and mom are coming out for the week.

So friends, I'll be sure to take lots of photos, and we'll catch up when I get home!

3 comments:

  1. Your felt project is beautiful. It will look great in the baby room. You were really busy today, I am happy you got everything (or almost everything done). Have the most wonderful relaxing trip. You deserve some alone time. I totally understand the desire to go to the bathroom ALONE. I have been running to the bathroom and locking the door, just so I can have a few seconds without interruption :) Can't wait to see pictures when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!! gael is going to love the bright colors! i do! really kate, how do you think of all these amazing things to do? you are one of THE most creative people i know! i wish i possessed that same quality! hope you are having a wonderful time in spain!! please tell kristin and samuel congrats and give little gael a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so in love with that garland! What a great gift. I want to make one...wanna teach me?

    ReplyDelete