Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's a start...

What I really wanted to do was sit down with my hot chocolate and enter back into the world of blogging.  I have begun to see tiny pinholes of opportunity in my life to begin again.  Thanks to some of my old blogger friends, I am inspired to start capturing small moments in my life in an attempt to remember my everyday.  My artist eyes have inserted themselves, I can tell!  This morning as I was raising the blinds, I noted the pattern of light that came through them - a gold glow of rectangles - in the split second before I had to turn off the steaming milk for my latte and pour the Kefir for Anabelle.  Then I cut some strawberries, unloaded the dishwasher and listened for Jasper, tried to sit down to read the New Yorker and straightened the coffee table instead.  The days with three little ones go so slow and so fast all at the same time.  I'm in a constant tug of war with time.  Pinned up at the post office on Central Street, there is a sign that says "the older I get, the better I was."  In some broad sense of time, that seems a fitting quote.  
Anyway and Unfortunately, I am downloading and uploading and installing apps in a futile attempt to catch up with the changes Blogger has made since I last posted.  Sigh.  I'm 110 years old when it comes to the world of technology; I don't have the foggiest idea how to get the photos from my phone directly to my blog.  Double sigh.  


1 comment:

  1. Kate!

    I was just thinking about you today...I typed in sleepyviolet - and bam! I see you're blogging it up again! I love how you write, lady! Not only are you good with images, but words too.

    I know what you mean about tugging a war with time. For you, it has to be triple hard. Don't worry - the good guy (you) will win the war with time in the end!

    Please post an image of glowing gold rectangles. Go with that image girl! I love your stuff.

    Many hugs to your beautiful babies. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete